Diploma in Food Preparation & Culinary Arts (City & Guilds)
18 Months (part time)
- Matric/Grade 12 Certificate
- An overwhelming passion for food and a desire to be excellent!
- Time and dedication to study part time
With 18 years of experience in culinary training, Prue Leith Chefs Academy has a proven track record of supplying the hospitality industry with outstanding chefs.
The Diploma course balances theoretical knowledge and practical training in both training kitchens and the Academy restaurant to ensure that students are fully prepared for the workplace. Through quality education, setting high standards and enforcing professionalism and discipline the Academy not only teaches cooking to the highest level but creates chefs who help to uplift the South African culinary industry.
This course is aimed at those who are already working in the industry and have a degree of kitchen discipline, but wish to further their skills, or for those who wish to make the move into a career as a chef. This is a professional chef’s course and will not suit hobby cooks.
- January intake only.
- City & Guilds Level 1 IVQ Certificate in Food Preparation & Cooking (8065-01)
- City & Guilds Level 2 IVQ Diploma in Food Preparation & Culinary Arts (8065 – 02)
- Level 1 First Aid certificate and Fire & Safety Awareness certificate
To sign up for this course, please request your course pack which includes an application form.
Send me the full course pack
By clicking the "SUBMIT" button, I am attaching my electronic signature to and agreeing to the Prue Leith Terms of Service Agreement.