Full-Time Exec Sous Chef for the HealthyFood Studio: (Sandton)
Reporting to the Prue Leith Group Executive Chef
Requirements: A culinary qualification from a reputable training institution with at least 6-8 years industry experience and strong foundational cooking skills. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in all areas of the kitchen and have a keen interest in healthy cooking and the ability to communicate clearly. An eye for detail, ability to multitask, organise and working with people will be crucial. A good general knowledge of food and prior training experience will be an advantage as will a professional but warm personality that oozes passion for food.
The candidate will be responsible for managing a kitchen team of 8-10 chefs and scullers, teaching skills and healthy cooking classes to the public as well as professional chefs, manage functions and events, as well as relationships with corporate partners.
The ideal candidate will
1. Have a positive can-do attitude.
2. Be able to calculate food costs and understand kitchen finances.
3. Have good computer literacy – Power point, Word and Excel specifically.
4. A clear understanding of basic labour law and disciplinary procedures.
5. Assertiveness, patience and good organisational skills.
6. Have and understanding of kitchen procedure and timing requirements and be able to plan accordingly.
7. Have good communication skills.
8. Have the ability to implement and maintain health and hygiene procedures.
9. Knowledge of safety procedures and the use of firefighting equipment and first aid training.
10. Have very good general knowledge of food trends – in general as well as the hospitality industry.
11. A passion for food, cooking and teaching.
12. Strong culinary skills to train the public as well as professional chefs.
13. The ability to deal with constructive criticism
14. The ability to lead a team and drive them to greater heights
Leve/hours: 3 weeks leave in December/Jan. Work hours include shifts on a 7-day cycle, with two consecutive days off a week.
How to ApplyContact and CV: Group Exec Chef Adele Stiehler-van der Westhuizen – firstname.lastname@example.org
260 total views, 1 today