Full-Time Head Chef
This position is critical to the overall success of our business, and requires a dedicated and passionate individual who will drive innovation, quality and a harmonious and productive kitchen. While the job is rewarding, the work environment is often stressful and includes long working hours. The Head Chef should expect to stand for entire shifts and is primarily responsible for the daily operations of the kitchen. The work week is six days, including day and night work, weekends and all public holidays.
• Run and supervise the entire kitchen operation
• Work with the Chefs de Partie to ensure standards and goals are met
• Construct menus with new or existing dishes ensuring variety and quality
• Dishes to be financially viable
• Continually check the quality of the culinary product
• Ensure all menus are followed and food standard is excellent at all times
• Support the chefs in daily supplies, ordering from key suppliers
• Support and train chefs on new recipes
• Continuous monitoring and control of dishes going out
• Make personal contact with guests daily
• Continuous encouragement and training of staff to provide the best food experience to guests
• Be flexible when receiving unexpected requests from guests and ensure you are able to accommodate special or unusual dietary requirements
• Oversee and enforce kitchen hygiene, ensuring alignment with all legal health and safety requirements
• Continuous training and motivation of all kitchen staff – including on the job training
• Ensure all staff understand their responsibilities
• Work closely with Owner and Business Manager to implement standards and staff policies
• Formal Chef Qualification
• At least 5+ years Head Chef Experience required in 4 star hotels or lodges
• International exposure is a plus
We offer live in accommodation, a competitive package, six days on/one day off and a warm and friendly environment to work in.
How to ApplyPlease send a two page CV with at least three contactable references along with a food portfolio to email@example.com. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
575 total views, 3 today