Advanced Cakes & Decorations
A course designed for chefs, bakers and even advanced home bakers who want to take a step away from home industry cakes and step into the world of the French patisserie.
Who should attend?
- Chefs wishing to brush up on their cake skills
- Confident home bakers – this course takes you far beyond carrot or red-velvet cake.
Date and time:
Class starts: 9:00 – 15:00
Duration: 4 Day Course
- 1st- 4th February 2016
- 15th-18th August 2016
- Theory on the techniques required to assemble advanced cakes
- Cake bases and inserts ranging from sponges, mousses, jellies, pastries and advanced pastry creams
- Finishing techniques such as icings, glazes, ganache, spraying, piping and jaconde
- Garnishing including macaroons, basic chocolate, crystalized fruit and sugar garnishes.
You will be working in a professional kitchen, so bring an apron/chef’s jacket, comfortable shoes and keep jewellery and make-up to a minimum and hair tied back.
To sign up for this course, please request your course pack which includes an application form.
Send me the short course pack
By clicking the "SUBMIT" button, I am attaching my electronic signature to and agreeing to the Prue Leith Terms of Service Agreement.