Cooking Academy and School
Simply South Africa’s Best Cooking Academy and Chef School
When the decision is taken to further your education, the next step is deciding where to enrol to do so. This would apply to a school that offers basic education as well as an academy, college, or university that provides some form of alternative tertiary education. One’s choice of school and academy is of particular importance if the training is focussed on future career prospects, such as professional cooking and chef’s training, where practical and theoretical course content plays a vital fundamental role.
Important Questions and Considerations
There are several questions to be asked about a prospective cooking school and academy:
- Which courses are offered?
- What qualifications are offered?
- Are subjects, curricula, and qualifications accredited and recognised by credible bodies?
- Is such accreditation local or international?
- What do peers in the hospitality industry say about the academy, its standards, and its graduates?
- Which employment opportunities are available to graduates?
- Is there a demand for the services of the school’s graduates?
- Are graduates proud to disclose at which cooking academy they studied?
- Does training and qualifying at their alma mater stand them in good stead, both immediately after graduation and for years thereafter?
- Will the newly qualified graduate be sufficiently well equipped with professional knowledge, skills, and confidence to be able to assume a position in a busy, professional kitchen?
Prue Leith Chefs Academy answers all the questions and ticks all the boxes. Consider the following:
At Prue Leith Chefs Academy in Centurion, there is no shortage of choice when it comes to our courses. They include everything from a variety of short programmes for enthusiastic home cooks to professional diploma courses for career chefs, and advanced courses for qualified, experienced chefs who wish to further their knowledge and skills or specialise in a particular aspect of the culinary arts.
- Our professional course curricula are designed to provide a balance of in-depth theoretical knowledge and practical training in the aspects essential to each course’s requirements, on a professional level. We are an approved international City & Guilds centre, and recognised by the South African Department of Higher Education & Training. additionally, our cooking school is aligned with the South African Chefs Association, SASSI, the Quality Council for Trades & Occupations, and CATHSSETA.
- Our accreditation is recognised locally and internationally, enabling our graduates to live and work wherever they choose, in a host of culinary environments. Several of our past learners have worked in the kitchens of famous chefs.
- Prue Leith cooking school’s graduates have an advantage in finding positions, because many of our peers will only employ Prue Leith graduates – a mark of the high regard accorded our school and its alumni.
- We regularly receive notes from past learners, thanking us for the sound professional cooking basis and training they received at Prue Leith Chefs Academy. They have the knowledge, skills, abilities, and passion to begin their new careers with confidence.
- Our cooking school in Centurion was the first such establishment to which Prue Leith CBE lent her name. She visits us annually and is always consulted when important decisions are made.
If you are seeking a highly regarded, professional cooking school, you want the best. That is us – Prue Leith Chefs Academy – the leading chef school in South Africa.