This is our standard egg pasta recipe and can be used for long shape pastas as well as filled pasta shapes.
300g Cake flour
3 Whole large eggs
1 Egg yolk
Large pinch of salt
- Place your flour and salt mixture on a flat working surface.
- Make a well in the center and pour in your eggs.
- Working fast, incorporate your egg mixture into your flour.
- Work into a dough and knead well until very smooth.
- Once you have reached the correct consistency, flatten, wrap and rest dough.
- Quality check: Pasta dough should be smooth and elastic.
NOTE: When rolling pasta flour the pasta lightly from the flour shaker, but only if needed. If your consistency is correct you shouldn’t need much flour. NEVER flour the machine.